Once Upon a Time in the Vest

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Vol. 1 No. 71 Oklahoma Clippings Supplied by Jayhawk

Kansas Relays Clippings supplied by Bob Tague U. of Kansas
Thanks to Bob for sending these pictures of the Sooners. These are probably from 1960.
Below is Bob's email

George,

Ray Wyatt forwarded me your e-mail and websites. I was a half-miler at KU from 57 thru 60. Your pictures and articles brought back old memories. I was a physical education major and one of the requirements was a course in track and field which naturally was taught by Bill Easton. The major project for the class was to make a scrapbook of as many newspaper clippings on track as we could find. I kept that assignment for all these years and found some pictures of OU track men that you might want put in your OU website. I am not sure that the attached scans are of good enough quality to use. If they are not, let me know and I will send you the original clippings.

Thanks for putting together your websites and sharing them with us.

Bob Tague

According to Bob Tague this is probably 1959

No comments:

V 14 N. 25 Ramona, Oklahoma Just Became the Center of World for Discus Throwing, Displacing Antilope Valley, CA

                                                                     Mykalos Alekna-Lithuania Antilope Valley in Southern California has bee...